Thursday, June 1, 2017

Concert and Academic Awards&Scholarship Ceremony

I am pretty sure it was on Tuesday. It was the Spring Concert in school. Me, host mom and host dad went to watch Adriana, although I had many other friends there as well. We arrived an hour early and it was also a football night in school, so we walked out to the field. Host mom wanted to buy some school shirts for Sally(She is from Denmark and is gonna be an exchange student in my family next year). We also bought Keller sweatshirts for host dad, me and Adriana, they are so cool. The concert was exactly like watching Glee, only live haha so again one of these 'movie moments'. All different show choirs performed and it was a retro themed. I had at least one friend in almost all choirs so it was supercool to watch them. I mean, I had seen them practice before, but it was a lot cooler. Plus Maggie sang a solo, so I got to hear her sing again!!! My favorite was when Varsity choir sang a mix of Queen's songs, they were so good. That one guy, who sat next to me started talking to me immediately. At first we just commented on how the songs are and stuff, but then we actually started talking. He had come to watch his girlfriend. He was very interested in Estonia and being an exchange student. And surprise surprise, he actually knew where Estonia is, lol. At one point he looked at me saying ''I bet all these high school jerks must be hitting on you, you are so beautiful.'' That was pretty sweet, and we both laughed about that. It was cool to talk to somebody, although at one point it was too much since I actually wanted to see some shows..But example how you can find friends everywhere! He also told me that he has to make sure his girlfriend meets me 'cause I am so cool and she needs good friends, that was sweet too! After the show was over we stood in the lobby for a little bit, waiting for Adriana. Before she came I went to congratulate Maggie and Luke, they were both amazing.
The KHS Academic Awards&Scholarship Ceremony was on Thursday. It started half an hour earlier than I thought so I was IN A HURRY! Hailey and her host mom picked me up and we went to school. The whole event was basically a very formal Ceremony where all the scholarships were given out and the best students were noticed. Also al the exchange students were noticed as we had to walk on the stage and we got a little certificate saying Keller proudly recognizes us. aye. Oh, and we found out that instead of five, there was six exchange students this year, what a surprise. It was super long so when they started reading everybody's accomplishments, we left. Hailey's mom took several pictures of us outside of the Gym, I talked to Mrs.Morrow and after that we headed out. Hailey's mom invited me to dinner with them so we went to the Asian Buffet. I had never been  there before but I really liked it, there were so many choices of food from fresh salads to orange chicken and sushi. It's always a lot of fun with Hailey's family so I enjoyed the night out.



Happy Kid got a Hoodie

Host mom - Host dad - Me


Adriana's choir

Matching hoodies with my Host Dad, aye

I assume these were Choir Trophies?! 

Ready for the Ceremony 



Brazil - HK - Estonia <3. PS! Marina is already leaving on Sunday :( 

HK - Estonia

Dr.Nasra's speech

One more..

...And another one. <3 



No comments:

Post a Comment