Thursday, May 25, 2017

Class Play&Senior Pictures

What is class play festival?

Every theatre class does a class play, which is also directed by students. Rehearsals are all in class during second semester. During Class Play Festival al the classes do their show in order. Every class has 7 minutes for setting the stage and 7 minutes to clear the stage.

On Saturday I woke up at like 8:30am, took a shower, packed my things and was waiting for my ride. It was already 9:50 and I had to be in school by 10am, so I called Bailey asking if she is still picking me up. She said she's gonna be late tho, so Dardan drove me to school instead. We stood in the lobby for a little bit until Mrs.Fields asked everybody to go to their classrooms. We had about 2 hours until our show, so we spent it doing make up, messing with our hair and dancing. At some point we started listening to different Disney songs, it was SO much fun, Maggie and Taylor were standing on the table, singing haha. Some of the other shows brought us gifts which were all really sweet. A little bit before 12 we started warming up and 12pm we went down to the dressing room to start putting on costumes, doing hair and make up for the show. Originally we were supposed to go on the stage at 1pm, so technically we should have time, right? But then all the trouble started. First, my costume was totally ripped, so we started sewing it. Second, there were only like 2 people who did make up for the others. At one point Carolin was sewing my dress, while Natalie was doing my hair, while Emily was doing Natalie's make up. Then we realized how ripped my dress actually was so Emily(Our Director) went to find me a new costume - 5 MINUTES BEFORE THE SHOW - lol haha. Note that there was about 20 people in a small dressing room. When I was finally doing my make up and Emily had given me my new costume, we got a notice that the show before us is already over, it was 12:30pm...We didn't know if we are still going on the stage at 1pm or earlier so just in case I ran to change my costume, luckily it fit me! So I continued my make up and suddenly somebody came in and said ''Our Town your 7 minutes stage setting is gonna be on in a second'' It was the quickest make up finishing and we just ran out. Our show went so good tho! It was so much fun and we did great! Specially we had a lot of fun and hard time being quiet off the stage haha. It all went so fast, during the last scene I was honestly so sad, because it was over. After the show we went back to the classroom, cleaned it up and left because the other went to watch other shows. I had to leave tho so my host mom picked me up from school. Basically I went home, took my make up off to put a different make up on, changed clothes and then me, host mom, Adriana and Dardan drove to Arlington. Dardan went to take his Senior Pictures and since we took a picture of all three of us wearing our Letterman Jackets, me and Adriana went too. We spent like solid 1,5 hours there and on our way back we ate lunch(or dinner or whatever meal time it was) at Verts. Was pretty cool Saturday and Class Play was definitely one of the coolest things I did here!!!


Gifts from other shows ^^



*I-Don't-Know-How-To-Write-His-Name* - Taylor - Maggie - Me

''Our Town''


My amazing ''Our Town'' cast! <3 (without me tho)

Our Directors(Sophmores)
Emily - Ava

And Senior Pictures


Why we look like little snowmen with Adriana 

Me - Dardan - Adriana

Secretly a model








*It's 10pm* ''Let's walk to Sonic and get smth to eat!''

DC BACK

Modelling for DC lol



No comments:

Post a Comment