Friday, May 5, 2017

Track Banquet

I'll actually start with the end of the season:

My last meet was District meet in Weatherford(4/6/17). A week before that Coach Cope told me I'll have to throw on JV, because apparently exchange students are not allowed on Varsity in District meets. We had to leave super early so Liz picked me up at like 6am and we met with the others in school. Obviously the whole bus ride everybody was sleeping and since it was still really early then whenever we got there, most of us continued our good sleep. We were sleeping on a wrestling mat under the bleachers for about an hour until some Fossil kids came and took the mat away...I mean hey, it was still like 8:30am so me, Avery and one runner girl went up to the bleachers and slept for few more hours. When it finally started to get close to 1pm, me and Avery went to the throwing area, Liz was already there. We watched the others finishing up their throws and then it was our time to shine. And let me just say that Keller did awesome! Avery got second in disc and 1st in shot and I am JV District Champion in Disc and second in shot!!! It was a good season overall, Keller  won the District meet first time in over 10 years and not only that, but we also won the Area! You can only imagine how happy we and the coaches were, and still are! :)
After our throws Coach Meek just told us good job and recommended to go find a place to sleep, because buses weren't leaving until 7pm. Since all throwers were done, me, Liz, Avery, Liam, Moses and some other guys were just hanging out up in the bleachers. I fell asleep sooo many times and at one point I heard Moses saying ''Guys Liisa has been dead and quiet for like too long now...'' Which automatically woke me up haha. As I already mentioned, Keller won the District, so Coach Jewel took everybody in her bus to Sonic after the meet, couldn't get any better, right?
Last Meet was cool, fun and chill. Would repeat any time! ;)

We had our Track Banquet this Monday. Liz and her dad picked me up at around 6pm and we drove to the Golf Club, where the Banquet was held. Everybody looked SO gorgeous and in fact, actually I have never even seen many of them out of track clothes lol. First half an hour we spent taking pictures. Well only girls, all the guys were already inside. The whole Banquet was great. That place was so pretty and food was good! As usually during Banquets, Coaches talked about almost all of us, how the season went and what are the next goals. I am actually gonna write here the same thing I wrote under my Instagram post: ''Standing in front of all these people while coach talkin' about me made me realize how much fun I've had with them throughout the season and how grateful I am for getting to know them! Was cool, y'all amazing!'' I am truly glad I got to be part of KGT and I am thankful for everything I got from there!!!

Banquet lasted for 3 hours and after all the speeches we shared our numbers and, of course, took more pictures and after everything Liz and her dad drove me home. 
So this is it with Keller Track&Field. Doing sports during your exchange gives you so much, honestly, being part of a team feels great, especially when you are foreigner and don't really know anybody in this country! So a little something something to think about for future exchange students! ;) 

How to Finish Track Season ^^

District Meet

Proud Throwers :) :)
Me&Avery

Proud Throwers Vol2

Me - Avery - Liz

Luncg time

And Sonic

The coolest Track Girls you'll ever meet!


Meet Liz


Ready to rock n' roll


Hostmom: ''Cmon Liisa, imagine it's going to Marko, smile and pose now!'' lmao 

W my little scout :* 



Katie - Kendall - Me


Zee - Me - Tiana - Hannah - Kylee(Not sure how to spell her name..) - Kaitelyn - Denaa

With Kendall

Liz - Tiana - Me - Kylee(Still not sure about the name lol)

Autumn - Me - Nicole

My Gorgeous!!! Liz <3 

It's practically impossible to be serious w her

Track Banquet

What's a meal worth if ya don't take a picture of it?

Kathy - Liz - Me

My wonderful and one of the most amazing coaches - Coach Jewel! (Girls Track Coach)

+ An amazing Coach Meek!!! (Throwers Coach)

And Finally Track Head coach - Coach Cope! Definitely one of the coolest coaches I've ever had!


PS PS PS PS PS PS PS!!!

YFU Estonia 25th group of students have their own snapchat now! We all pick a day and videoblog it throughout the whole day - You'll get to see a piece from all kinds of different places! ADD NOW!



No comments:

Post a Comment