Friday, June 23, 2017

TRIP: Missouri

Our trip to Ranch started on Friday, June 16th. This time it was just me, Adriana and my host mom. We left home around 9:30am and were ready for our 8-hour drive. We stopped at Central Market to grab some snacks. Like in November, we drove through Oklahoma and Arkansas. Driving through Arkansas is really pretty, 'cause you can see mountains on both side of the road so the view is truly amazing! Whenever we arrived me and Adriana made our bed and Papa made tempura. It was so good to see Gweny and Cocoa(the dogs) again! Dinner was delicious and we ate so much haha. The rest of the night we just talked and watched movies.
Saturday was pretty busy. In the morning I skyped with my mom for about half an hour and the rest of the day was basically just a lot of baking and cooking.We made homemade ice cream and brownies!!! We had lunch at Cookies, which is a restaurant in Theodosia. We wanted go there in November, but it was closed at that time, so now was our chance. I had a catfish lunch which was so good and a chocolate peanut butter pie for a desert. After getting back home we had a nice Cars marathon. Watched Cars 1 and Cars 2. I fell asleep...but oh well.
On Sunday it was raining in the morning so we were inside playing cards. Papa made blueperry muffins for breakfast, they were sooooo good. And so big. When it stopped raining we gave Gweny a bath, which she definitely didn't like, lol. For lunch we had my favorite - bacon avocado sandwich! and for dinner grilled shrimp and pork. And ofcourse after that we played cards. So if you haven't figured out by now - we basically slept, played cards and ate in Ranch.
On our last day, so on Tuesday we went fishing right after we woke up. There was a little tiny lake near the Ranch so we drove there. It was realllly hot outside, I got sunburned, lol. Adriana caught our dinner - 3 big catfishes. I got two but both times my lines broke and fell into the water, great haha. It was fun tho. For example, my host mom caught a turtle...We weren't out there for very long since the sun was burning, so after 1,5 hours we drove back. After cleaning the fish we went to the treasure shop up in Theodosia to look for cool stuff. Adriana found bunch of clothes, I just bought a card for papa and a chocolate. For dinner we had grilled catfish and it was one of the most delicious dinners I've ever had! Especially since I love fish. To end the day I took a walk. Actually I just wanted to walk to the little church thingy to draw that but it was too creepy out there so I walked back and just chilled around the house. At some point papa came out to get me because it was getting too dark, so we drove back to the house together. Before going to bed me and Adriana were just playing w snapchat as she was sending literally so many videos to different Estonians haha.
Wednesday was the day to leave so we woke up earlier, packed up and cleaned the room. Also had a nice toast with strawberries for breakfast and after that said our goodbyes to papa and the dogs.
It turned out to be an interesting night tho. While we were driving back to Texas Adriana asked if I wanna go to the Rangers game(Baseball) later. Justin had already bought all the tickets and was waiting in front of our house. So Adriana started doing her make up in the car and we both changed our clothes quickly to be ready whenever we get home. The game was in Arlington. It was cool, it was also my first baseball game I went to. There were Justin, Adriana, me and one of Justin's friends.
Before finding our seats Justin bought drinks and food and we were good to go. The game was pretty cool and I loved that it was a big game! Something new again.




I love waking up with this view!

Making ice cream




Ice cream ready!!!



Catfish lunch

Chocolate peanut butter pie


A quick walk w Daisy

Adriana - Papa - Hostmom



Picture from my hostmom's facebook. Our grilled dinner

As you can see, it's a pretty serious game haha


Cocoa!

Pictures of Ranch house from my hostmom's facebook


Fishy fishy

She got the first one!

And the second one

Delicious level very high

Driving back home

To the game 

Cowboys football stadium



Jump Cam

Walking all the way down there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment