Saturday, April 8, 2017

YFU Spring Camp

When and where?

March 31st - April 2nd 2017 in Oklahoma.

An amazing weekend..

On Thursday night you could already see all the group pics from Mardi Gras on everybody's snap story with a caption ''See y'all soon!'' Obviously we were all so excited. We left on Friday.
I was in Lisa's car with Bastien(France), Ginevra(Italy) and Stan. Since we all had workouts and stuff, we were the last ones leaving Texas at like 6pm. At first Lisa's husband was supposed to pick me up from home. I got a mini heart attack when Lisa texted me he's gonna be there in 5 minutes, because at that time I just got out of the shower, still naked and my bed was full of clothes cause I hadn't packed anything yet. Luckily when I read the message again, I realized she said he will be there at 5. Lol. We met with the others at Chick-Fil-A, everybody got food, and we started driving. I had never really talked with Bastien, you know, just one-by-one, but since we both sat in the back seat, we talked non-stop the whole time. He is cool! The car ride(as always) was superfun and we arrived to the camp at like 9pm. Obviously we were the last ones. There was a campfire and SO many people. First 15 minutes I spent hugging everybody, right after that Me, Elliott, Elizabeth and Josh(Goosh it was so good to see them) went down to the lake and chilled a little bit. Later we all made smores', talked, DANCED and had a really chill and fun night. I think the easiest way for you to imagine that is that night was like a casual party, except we didn't have any alcohol. Finally we just sat outside with everybody, talking and listening to music until we were told to go inside. Right after I arrived, Hannah(Germany) came to hug me, it was so good to see her again and just from that moment we were everywhere together the whole weekend! See, this was the moment when you just bonded with somebody! :) Although we were inside, that doesn't mean the party ended tho, everything continued in our room, everybody was having fun and being all stupid and stuff, as always. After all the guys had to go to their own room, me, Carolina and Ginevra stole all the crackers and marshmellows from the hallway and there we were: 1 am, 6 girls, eating wannabe smores' and gossiping about all possible things an exchange student can gossip about haha.. 
On Saturday some of us(Including me) decided to wake up like 6:50am to go down to the lake to see the sunrise. It was BEAUTIFUL! Ming had his camera, so we took a lot of pictures. The contrast between me and Hannah was strong haha - she had already put on make up and was looking all cute with her cool outfit while there was me with no make up, wrapped in my Christmas blanket and still not completely awake yet. After breakfast we went horseback riding, shooting, canoeing and did archery. Canoeing was the funniest for sure! Me and Hannah were so not successful with that and since Elliott wanted revenge(I pushed him into the water in Galveston) I was the first one who got attacked in a water fight. The best part was when later Zach was in sitting in the middle of our canoe, singing in French and screaming 'attack'. So many times Hannah and I just had to stop because we were laughing too hard!! After taking shower and making ourselves looking nice again we had another dance party, during what we started writing on each other after I found a marker. After dinner we got out camp T-shirts, which we all signed for each other with different colors. Some dedications were like really long and so cool. For example Elliott was the first one who wrote his address on my shirt! :) It was raining and thundering outside. When it was dark, me and Hannah(We were literally together everywhere so yes you're gonna hear her name a lot) went down to the lake because some of us where there and we heard music. When we passed Henrik, Elliott, Carolina and the other's who were sitting under the roof, Carolina's first sentence was: 'Lisa!!! Tell us what to do! You are the party!' That was cute haha. When we got down to the lake, me, Hannah, Emma and Laura created another dance party which lasted until the end of the night. Soon Zach joined us and we had a lot of fun! Like an hour later the others came down too. With some boy scout camp boys, our guys started to make a campfire, we were still dancing, some of us were just talking - it was LIT! There was a moment when me and Hannah were sitting down, looking at everybody having fun and dancing and that when it hit us that in 2 months we will be all over the world again. After 11pm there were just like 7 of us outside. These boy scout camp boys were playing guitar and the youngest one was singing, it was just so amazing night! By 15 minutes past midnight we were all freezing so we went inside. Next couple of hours we spent in our room. I don't even remember what everybody was doing but me, Hannah, Athira and Elliott were on Athira's bed and trying to learn different words in each other's languages. Again, we laughed so hard, because everything sounded so funny or cute. My absolutely favorite words were 'Kupukupu' (Butterfly) and 'Pintu' (Door), which are both in Indonesian. Suddently Elliott got up, took a marker, drew faces on both of my knees and after that started playing with snapchat filters on the faces he drew...I think by now y'all have understood that 'normal' is not a word that describes us. Really. 
In the morning we were all simply dead and getting up was harder than we thought. After breakfast we packed our bags, cleaned the rooms(they looked awful) and went outside. I feel like trying to separate us and getting us in the cars is always the hardest thing, because as always we couldn't stop taking pictures and hugging! Finally like 10am we were finally in the car and ready to leave. 

*Another amazing weekend was now behind us and awesome memories were made! Love&Miss y'all! <3 

Elliott-Ginevra-Hannah-Me

Eeee Macarena



Me n Leona decided to build a bed for ourselves on the floor since I gave my sleeping bad to Ginevra. Octave lent us  his blanket so we were goood 

6:55 am

Sunrise


Out golden Four: Zach-Octave-Bastien-Henrik

Ginevra-Ming-Octave-Bastien-Henrik-Me

Breakfast&Carolina


Me-hannah-Athira-Henrik-Elizabeth-Leona-Nobody_Knows_Who_That_Guy_Is




Meet Tude, my favorite horse!

Me-Athira-Elliott


Our Group

Went Exploring w Athira, Hannah(Other Hannah tho), Leona, Henrik, Elliott and Sara

Me-Henrik-Leona-Sara-Athira-Elliott-Hannah


Carolina-Henrik-Athira-Me

Meet Zach!

First round: Hannah-Stan-Me

How to get people out of the water..



Went swimming guys?



Pure Art

''Wait wait there is something missing'' - Elliott


My girl!!!! :) Meet Hannah!


Us <3





Meet Elizabeth! 

And there he goes..

And snap..


Leaving weather matches w the mood

Jk we still happy

And photos by Ming: 

Henrik&Octave

Hannah <3



Ginevra-Me-Hannah

These hugs :) :) 


Hannah-Me-Athira



Hannah-Me-Athira


I know it's a third photo. I know my eyes are still closed.

Favorite! Henrik-Me-Ginevra


W Zach

Elliott and Hannah are my rocks!! Love you guys! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment