Monday, October 2, 2017

Everything general about my American experience

* Basically, in school there are groups of people. Football guys, cheerleaders, indianettes, nerds, regular people, loners, etc.
* Everybody wears basically same clothes and same shoes.
* When the teacher meets the class first time, he/she gives a short overview about his/her life and introduces him/herself for about half an hour.
* They'd rather drive around the parking lot for half an hour than park far from the door and walk to the store.


- Fun Facts:


1) I had a screensaver: no text to Estonia!


2) I chilled in bathroom during lunch once, because I was homesick and didn’t wanna find new friends. 


3) At the end of the day I always thought how super good my American life is 

4) You are gonna miss everything, especially when all your friends start telling you how they are going to cry when you leave.

5) Liz: ''Lisa and stay in this area cause u know you like to wander'' aka our KOHL's trips with Liz!


- Tips to next exchange students:


1. If you wanna write a blog post about something, do it ASAP. If you don't have time to open your computer, write a draft on your phone memories. Because if you don't do it right away, you'll end up with 4 different posts that need to be posted and you just start stressing about it, like me lol.


2.Don’t follow the plan; don’t try to be the ‘’perfect’’ exchange student. Be you and have fun!!!

3.Speak up if you are homesick.

4.Don’t compare your life in America to your life back home!

5. Don't leave buying gifts for people back home on the last minute because you can never be sure if your host family or your friends are willing to drive you around for getting presents. (Except if you have Liz, who drives you from KOHL's to Walmart to CVS and then again to Walmart, then you should be fine)


6. USE PINTEREST FOR PACKING TIPS!


7. Use pinterest for everything...

7. Instead of telling your stories, ask about their's. Make them feel like they have that magical dream life you came here to see.

3 comments:

  1. Well somehow I got to read lots of articles on your blog. It’s amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often.
    us postal service address change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Your words mean a lot to me, thank You so much! I’ll definitely post more when I have something to say about my exchange experience, etc. So I hope you’ll come back and check for new posts every once in a while! 😉

      Delete